Manscaping and its many forms has us all running around wondering what we should be doing to ourselves, or should we be doing it ? What is expected of us these days, and what does the other half really want ?
Yes, yes we know, we’re living in the day and age where gender norms are becoming taboo, though let’s face it , they’ll never go away. Constantly seeking approval in the way we look in some ways has us still doing the whole ‘dog show’ routine that for most blokes will require some form of body hair maintenance.
It’s a struggle doing things ourselves and ensuring you don’t botch things up, then there's the effort and how much effort you’re willing to make. There's the inconsistent results of self manscaping because you’re not a contortionist and can’t reach everywhere resulting in unevenly clipping, or the pain, bruising and hairy patches after a self-wax. Getting a professional men’s body wax, manscaping or laser in Melbourne has never been easier.
Waxing and Manscaping consultations are there to answer your questions and work out what would suit your lifestyle the best. A quick 20 minutes, consultations are free of charge at The Body Barber™, our experience and expertise has you covered so that you can be comfortable being uncovered.
For men, getting rid of your unwanted body hair can be difficult; your body hair can be thick, coarse and well rooted resulting in painful ingrown hairs forming. Shaving may be required twice a day if smoothness is what you are after; and good luck with not cutting your scrotum or having your legs look like an angry possum has attacked them. Skin has different thicknesses and tolerances on different parts of the body so crèmes that dissolve your hair can also burn and leave nasty sores if you don’t time their removal correctly.
If uncovering parts of your body makes you feel uncomfortable, or you find that your hirsute coverage is too uncomfortable to get waxed and you want a more permanent solution, then laser hair removal for men here at The Body Barber™ is here for you.Laser
Our biggest and most popular waxing treatment here at The Body Barber™ is hygiene waxing. For men, it just makes sense that the easiest way to be confidently clean down there is for it to be completely smooth.
* Hairless for a longer period than shaving. No prickly sensations, itchy regrowth and scratching sessions in embarrassing locations.
* More cost effective than razors. In the long term razors cost, you need quality razors, then there increase in shaving cream usage and of course, cuts. Cuts, nicks and wounds are not things you want visible to your mates, let alone on your prized manhood.
* Regular waxing reduces the thickness of hair regrowth. Body hair grows back just like your facial hair when shaved, stubble. Removed by the root, hair emerges out of the skin as a fine hair before developing its length. That’s if you give it that time before you’re in for your next treatment.
* Smoother skin, greater sense of touch & no fur balls. We don’t think these need explaining but are by far the most commented on benefits.
Society seems to be telling us that by removing body hair, we will look more appealing and therefore acceptable to others. Helping to build a man’s self-esteem and confidence is achievable through manscaping as not every man wants to wax or be totally smooth, but you don't have to run around looking like Neanderthal man either. Lumbersexuals and bears are now coming down from the hills to The Body Barber™ to get their pelts trimmed all year ‘round now, not just the summer. Many women also don’t like men with totally smooth legs or chests, for example, saying it’s more masculine than the boyish look of no hair.
From your neck to your toes and everything in between, be it a little off the top, more off the sides or buzzed down to a totally smooth surface, if it's a natural sexy look you're after .... we have the experience for you to achieve the look that fits in with your lifestyle.
Aesthetics play a huge role in body hair trimming at The Body Barber™, it’s what our business is all about. Using various professional tools of the trade, we will style and sculpt your body hair, giving you that confidence about not only looking, but feeling your best as wellmanscaping
Whether you need to reduce stress, muscle tension or relief from pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of physical and emotional sense of well-being.
Benefits of Massage:
* Relief from training. Research indicates that massage therapy can reduce inflammation of skeletal muscle by providing relief from inflammation. Not only does massage stimulate blood flow of nutrient-rich oxygen to your muscles it also stimulates the lymphatic system which carries the body’s waste products out of your system.
* Improves immune system function.
* Relieves tension headaches and migraine pain.
* Improves digestion.
* Reduces fatigue.
* Increases blood and lymph circulation.
* Reduces anxiety.
* Improves sleep habits.
Currently on trial, the online booking system is now an option. Be reminded that as such, when booking online think about what you want done so that you get it right 😉 If you would like some clipping with your wax, for example, you need to include that as EVERY service, be it a wax, clip or laser has a time allocated for it and I'd hate to send you out on the street only 1/2 done .... even though we are near St Kilda and it wouldn't raise any eyebrows.
Apologies in advance for any glitches you may encounter.
The log in process :
As a result of the COVID19 restrictions being lifted as of 1st June, I have been inundated with booking requests.
Due to time management needing to be optimal the online bookings portal will remain offline until things are back to 'normal' in a few weeks.